Sunday 17 September 2006

Order of 20" iMac (MA589/A)

Long waiting for nearly a decade, I'd orderd a 20" iMac with upgraded harddisk and keyboard/mouse finally on Wendesday. I'm expecting it delivering in one or two weeeks. By that time, I've to decide whether I should settle the bill in full by cash or EPS and save $500, or settle it by 12-month interest-free installment on VISA card without any discount. Assuming that I select the installment and the money was put into a saving account, the complex interest and the cash rebate on VISA card can add up to $200-$220. That mean I still have to pay $280 extra for the installment. My friend said that is the fee for installment. Quite true. But paying $13930 in full now is quite heavy and unhealthy to my financial report. Yet, $280 in value, unless the interest was rasied by a double, otherwise, the money in saving account can never earn that back.

I just thought of another installment: first I settle the bill by cash and account into Liability, which then I return it month, on my own schedule. That way, the money will not instantly gone on my report and yet, I get both installment and cash discount. (umm... this may sound complicated but... it just fits and works on my financial planner)

Anyway, I still have a week before I've to make up my mind (unless the computer arrive earlier than expected).

No comments: