Saturday 8 September 2007

the trilogy - back to the future

Thanks to the facebook, I did a movies review (or movie-taste test what-so-ever) couple days ago. Which brought me a question: why Back To The Future is not listed? Since that application allows me to further add more movies to the list, I located the trilogy immediately and rated them as 5 stars (max). Then I spent my whole night up watching the VCDs of them once again. And only because of that do I realized I never watch the BTTF2 before. What a shame!

Now I could tell the differences of the DeLorean in different part of the movies. And also got my attention on Lea Thompson, besides Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd. I didn't quite notice that the old Lorraine was actually played by Thompson, the young Lorraine. Their elder effect make up really great (respective to the time being).

Out of curiosity, I checked out the Net for information for the series. The Internet Movie Database got quite a lot of information and spent me two days to read them all:

Back to the Future (1985)
Back to the Future Part II (1989)
Back to the Future Part III (1990)

I read all trivia, goofs, quotes and FAQ of them. Reran the movies side-by-side (using QuickTime Player) and saw more than I had ever seen. Like, in a re-shot scene of BTTF2, Thompson had grow up noticeably than that back into BTTF. Michael J Fox, however, has less differences except his hair.

This is just incredible. Never, ever, being so fascinated by a movie/series (would this be a little bit too over if I said this is thing is better than Gundam? well, a little bit). I'd probably get myself a box set of trilogy DVD later, to view again in a higher definition.

No comments: