Wednesday 14 June 2006

Universal Source for S60 2nd and 3rd Edition

Working OT last night, I finally finished migrating the UI to another platform. Still working now and I thought it only takes couple minutes to convert this S60 3rd Ed. application to S60 2nd FP1+. But it turns out to be couple hours. Sigh.

A resource file (RSS) has been reformatted to be compatiable with both 2nd and 3rd SDK. I also prepared two set of the project files (MMP). But when compiling, it said...

C:\\D\\2006\\06\\my_project\\0606\\DATA\\my_project.RSS(12) : Syntax error
C:\\D\\2006\\06\\my_project\\0606\\DATA\\my_project.RSS(12) : Label not found
* RCOMP failed - deleting output files
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'perl' : return code '0x1'

What the heck!?

p.s. USP - Universal Source Project is a project which try to develop application in Single-Source-for-Multiple-Platform (SS4MP). Most of the controls would be managed by MACRO. Most, if not all, common files or codes would be written once and only once. Hence, same program would behave nearly exactly the same on several platform. Also, making debugging a "one-time" work.

No comments: