Wednesday 24 January 2007

My First PPC App

Due to a project requirement, one of our teammate is working on Windows Mobile application. He borrowed some reference books from the Library. So I just take this chance to learn the eMbedded Visual C++, which I tried many years ago without success.

Following the example, I wrote half of a dummy calculator which does nothing more but inputing number and allow overflow to happens. It can run on my Asus A600 (Pocket PC 2002) and Acer n300 (Windows Mobile 5) with different screen resolution. However, the example didn't mention how to finish it, nor I've the mood to write up the remains code myself. So the dummy calculator is really... dumb.

Anyway. I also pick up a piece of useful information from the book: set the low battery alert from Settings page. By modifying the Default value of "\HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{A877D663-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408}", set Default = "Low battery alert", one can access the settings under "Sounds & Notification".

No comments: