Thunderbird PC to Mac migration solution
- Install Thunderbird on your Mac.
- Open Thunderbird, and create your main mail account. Don't download any mail yet; just create the account.
- Copy your Thunderbird profile directory from your PC to your Mac. (In Windows 2000 and XP, the default profile locations are under "Application Data", which is a hidden folder. In Explorer (i.e. double-click My Computer) click: Tools → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show Hidden files and folders.)
- In this folder (on your Mac) and all its subfolders, you must move any file with a ".msf" extension to the Trash. I created a little Automator workflow to do this (called "Move .msf to Trash", contained in this zip file), which you can download (Ctrl-click, Save As...). To use it, open the folder in Finder, select all the files (Command-A) and then run the Automator script. You must do this for every folder in which .msf files appear.
- Now copy "Local Folders" to your Thunderbird Mail folder on your Mac.
- Open Thunderbird -- you should be done!
在 Windows 上，我習慣將各電郵程式的 storage 放在 \My Documents\Mail\ 裡，今次我打算在 Mac 上用回 default 的路徑，所以要手動修改 pref.js，找出相似以下的句子：
user_pref("mail.server.server1.directory-rel", "[ProfD]..\..\..\My Documents\Mail\Thunderbird\Local Folders");
user_pref("mail.server.server1.directory-rel", "[ProfD]Mail/Local Folders");
當然 copy 文件時路徑是用回原本 default 的那一個了。